Monday, June 16, 2014

Crazy hectic last few days...



So the last few days were kinda crazy hectic....
Sooo back when we were in the hospital with my Dad the doctors stressed that while his counts are down he can pick up any types of infections and to check his temperature regularly.  If the temperature went up to 100.5 we would have to take him immediately to the ER...We have been taking it everyday to be cautious and it has been fine.....On Thursday we took him to get his blood taken and saw the local Oncology Doctor.  He mentioned to them he's been taken Tylenol every few hours because his tooth has been bothering him.  They were a little alarmed since his counts are so low and his white blood is at 0 there are no bacteria or infection fighting cells left in his body...  They gave him Oxycodone for the pain instead because Tylenol can mask a fever.  They also gave him 2 more antibiotics to help fight infection from his tooth.  I knew right then and there that once the Tylenol had warn off he would have a fever.  Once we got home and he said he was cold when it wasn't really that cold out I took his temp.  Sure enough it was 99.5...  He usually runs low at 97.5.. He had stayed in bed a few days and when the antibiotics started working and his fever finally broke.  I was on edge all weekend worried that we would have to take him to the ER.... 

On a happier note...

Thursday night Matt and I went out to my favorite Chinese restaurant...   
Scorpion Bowl...delish!
 
We shared an appetizer sampler, got hot and sour soup and then I got my favorite sushi. Tempura Ebi Roll..it is soo good.. I am not into the raw types of sushi, this one is just 1 cooked tempura shrimp with lettuce, cucumber and avocado.   I tried Matt's raw red snapper roll....it wasn't bad but the thought of it being raw made me a little freaked out.


This was Matts fortune haha
 
 
Friday and Saturday I had to work at the country club as usual.  Usually I have to work on holidays, but I told my boss my Dad not feeling great and he let me have Fathers day off.
 
Kaitlynn and her boyfriend, Jeff came home on Saturday.  Sunday was Father's Day and my Dad was still not feeling too great, but at least he could get out of bed and sit with us in the living room for awhile.  Every Father's day I usually buy him a lobster, mussels or steamers but since he was not feeling great, he wasn't up to having any of that.  As soon as he's feeling better I will defiantly make it up to him.  Me and my sister got him gift cards to Sears because he wants a new snow blower.  We also got him a few scratch tickets and he won $20! :)
 
Here are a few pictures from this weekend:


 

 
This is Cody playin out side.  It was taken with my Sisters new GoPro Camera!
 
Me and My Sister Kaitlynn :)

oops...we went to the local creemee...I got blackberry ice cream with sprinkles...I know I know..not a healthy few days with the Chinese food and ice cream...but sometimes its hard with all the stress and need a break...
 
I am back on the game this morning though.  I made another smoothie for breakfast;
1/2 Frozen banana
1 scoop Optimum Nutrition Extreme Milk Chocolate Whey
1/8 cup of Chobabi Plain yogurt
1 Tbsp Smuckers natural Peanut butter
(406 Calories: 9.5g Fat, 52.4 Carbs, 31.8 Protein)
For lunch I packed a salad with lean steak and for snacks a hard boiled egg and raw broccoli and carrots..  I will try and keep my carbs lower during the day since the smoothie took up so many.
 
Matt wants to take me to dinner tonight since I did not get to see him this weekend with my Dad being sick and all..  Since I don't have time to go to the gym today I am making myself a promise to workout when I get home from work and to order the healthiest I can while were out.  It's so hard to find time for the gym when I work and someone at home is as sick as my Dad is.  I have tried the morning gym thing and that is just as hard as it sounds.  I don't really have a hard time getting up and going in the morning, its how I feel afterwards during the day.  Around 12ish my body just hits a wall and I get so exhausted at work.  Maybe it's because I have no windows at all in my workspace.  I literally look at a cement wall.. Oh well I guess you just gotta make due with what you got.. ok now I am rambling..
Thanks again for listening..
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment