Monday, June 23, 2014

Battleship, Picking Strawberries, Boats, and Goats...

So the last few days were pretty relaxing and I got to spend a lot of time with my boyfriend.  On Thursday Matt took me to Fish Tales Bar and Grill in Hatfield, Ma.  I've always heard good things about this place and it's known for their fresh seafood so I've always wanted to check it out since I love seafood
   
Inside is defiantly different than what I expected.  It's more homey than what I imagined it to be.  We sat at the bar for our dinner because that's where most of the people were and it seemed more fun.
We both had Bombay Sapphire, tonic and cranberry and shared the stuffed mushrooms to start.  I ordered the grilled swordfish and Matt had fried clam strips.  Everything was very good and really fresh.  On Wednesdays they have a triple lobster special for $19.99!  I will be defiantly back for that!
  
After dinner we went back to Matt's house and played some Battleship outside by his pool.  I enjoyed some tequila and seltzer and got lucky enough to win TWICE! :)
 
That night I had just a tad too much to drink but it was nice to relax and have the night to fun.
 
Friday morning was a little rough but the hangover subsided after being outside in the gorgeous sun for a bit and after a dip in the pool. 
 
 
I had to work per usual on Friday but Matt met me at the country club when I got out.
We rented the movie Patrick from RedBox and watched it at my house.  Strange..but good movie.  I like those scary but intense kinda movies
Saturday I had to work again but went to Matt's to stay after.
The next morning when we woke up I looked at the clock and it was 10:30!  I couldn't believe I slept so late but I obviously needed the rest. 
We decided to go strawberry picking!  We googled some pick-your-own places near him and came across Lakeside PYO Strawberries in Hadley, MA
 
They were delicious! I picked an extra box because my Dad wants us to make a strawberry rhubarb pie..YUM
 
Later in the day we met Matt's parents at a marina in South Hadley, Ma because they own a boat docked there.
 
 
It was nice weather and not too hot so it was really relaxing... I could do that everyday.  We enjoyed drinks and some cheese, prosciutto, salami and crackers on the boat as we sailed down the river.
After the boat we got dinner at a country club up the road (I had a grilled shrimp salad) and then icecream (a small maple walnut..ooops bad but so good) at McCrays Farm.  On the way out we noticed how many animals they had and you could feed them!
 
 

My favorite was the llamas they are soo cute!   The animals were so excited to get the food and they were so gentile when they ate the food from your hands. 
 
Welp that was my weekend!
Until next time!
 
'Just keep Swimming'

1 comment:

  1. That marina looks gorgeous! I love marinas. Never been to South Hadley but makes me want to go!

    ReplyDelete