Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Dads home!

Well Sunday was a good day because we took my Dad home from the hospital.  He was finished with chemo and his Doctor said he was able to be home while his counts drop.  They would rather have him at home instead of the hospital where it is crawling with germs.  There are a few down sides to this though....  His counts are going to drop which means he will grow weaker and be more susceptible to any type of infection.  His Doctor said that 8/10 patents come back with a fever.  We are crossing our fingers we will be lucky enough that we will make it through the stretch with no complications.  So far everything seems good...
 

On the other hand, yesterday I started to eat healthy again.  It is so hard to stay on track while on the go and in the hospital.  You would think that the hospital would have nice healthy meals...NOPE  In the cafeteria they have pizza, French fries, chicken tenders, onion rings, mac and cheese, tacos, sandwiches...and a small lousy salad bar.  I did try my hardest this time to not go for the worst things, so most of the time I would just get a half a sandwich or salad.  I'm glad I don't have to be there anymore..


Soooo speaking of healthy.... I just purchased a Nutribullet:
 

I think that it will help out a lot with breakfast and protein smoothies.  I used this the first time yesterday morning and it works really good!  I was skeptical about purchasing this because I heard bad reviews on the Magicbullet but the Nutribullet is much more sturdy with pretty good reviews. And not to mention $100!! I did wait until I had a 20% off coupon from Bed Bath and Beyond to make the purchase a bit more reasonable..  Previously, I had a Ninja blender but it was so big and was a pain to clean.  I love the fact that you make the smoothie right in the cup that you can take to go after its done.  It blends so much more smooth. I love it.
I am still experimenting with the ingredients but this one is;
A handful of Spinach
A little bit of Kale
1/2 a frozen Banana
3-4 frozen Strawberries
6 small frozen pineapple chunks
About 1/4 cup Almond Breeze (Original and unsweetened)
1/3 cup Cellucor Vanilla Whey
 
This blend was okay ...but it seemed to be missing something...so this morning I found a way to make it even better!!
 
I used the same recipe but used half the Almond milk and added Acai juice
 
and about 1/4 of a granny smith apple!
oh YUM! It gives it a more sour taste which is exactly what I think the first smoothie lacked.


Now I just have to find time for the gym...............
That's all for now
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment