Saturday, July 5, 2014

Pups, Arcade games, Newport, RI, and Merica...

Woahhhhhhhh well hello there.   I definitely did not forget about posting in this blog I was just kinda waiting for the right moment or something exciting to happen that I could write about haha...ok..sooo since its been a little awhile I guess I am gonna recap the last few weeks... be prepared its gonna be a long one....... (that's what she said) 
Since it has been so nice out, I've been playin with the pups outside a lot. Here's a few pics that I couldn't help taking. 
Ha I love both of these pics ^^  Zack isnt too fond of Cody because hes always jumping on him and trying to get him to play but I know he secretly love him. 
They got the water so gross from runnin in the garden then back in the pool haha but they looove jumpin in and going swimming
                        ^^My favorite picture of Cody                   ^^refilling the pool with clean water
          
                            ^^ Random sunset after one of the nights after playing with the pups
So last Thursday I went with my boyfriend and my friend Adrienne to my friend Robyn and Adams house to cook dinner and play with their son Dominic :)  He is such a cute little boy and hes growing up way too fast


So since I had this week off I stayed at Matt's house on Sunday and we went to check out a bar in Hadley that we've never been to. NERD ALERT: It's called The Quarters.  It was actually a pretty cool bar. It was lined with old arcade games that only cost a quarter! 
          
The drinks were different but good!  I got a mango lemonade with vodka and Matt tried a lavender drink with gin.
            
I really liked how most of the games were 2 player so we could play with and against each other instead of playing alone.  I think the last time I played space invaders I was like 10?
ok guys I had too sorry if its a tad TMI!!! I went to the bathroom and looked down and was like NO WAY!  Space invader floor tiles! Ha overall we had fun and will probably be back again soon!
Tuesday I had to go into work for few hours.  After I got out I went to Fosters, our local supermarket (which get fresh seafood from Boston a few times a week) to pick up some mussels for my Dad.  He was craving them again and I allllways can go for seafood. I picked 2 lbs of mussels and then noticed lobsters were on sale........I got a 3 1/2 pounder!!! I usually only get the 1 1/4lbs so this time I wanted to try a bigger one and split it with my Dad. 
Meet Mr. Barnacle Head
haha I had to take some pics of the barnacle on his head
Anywhoo it turned into a delicious dinner....I swear I am really a mermaid :)

So since I had the week off Matt and I planned a trip to Newport, RI for Wednesday and Thursday.  The ride wasn't too bad only 2 1/2 hours away.  Thankfully the weather was pretty nice and the rain held off there until we were already home.
The first day we walked around the town a bit got lunch at a tiny out door stand (fish and chips and clam strips) and then went Jetskiing!  I wish I got pictures of us but I had to put my phone in a lock box so it wouldn't get wet.  This was my first time and oh boy was a scared (that's also what she said)
Matt promised me that we wouldn't go fast.  It was a little windy out so it was quite choppy on the water.  I think we only went a little over 30mph and at that speed my butt wasn't touching the seat at times!!  We had so much water splashed on us that wen we got off we looked like we took a dip in the ocean with our clothes on.  Then as the salt water dried we could literately dust off the salt from our skin.  Nevertheless it was pretty fun. I would go again on a less windy day. 

Here are a few pics of the pier:


Once we got done jetskiing we went to the hotel to shower and then it was already time to get ready for dinner
    
We first got a drink at a place called Pier 49.  I got a rum swizzle and Matt got a dark and stormy 
after we drank those it was already 8:30 and all the dining places that we were looking at closed at 9!  Thankfully the bartender at the bar suggested Benjamin's which closed at 1 or 2 am. Perfect!
It was a really yummy dinner.  I wish I had taken some pics but it was took dark at that time.  We started with coconut shrimp which were pretty good.  I got the seafood casserole and Matt got cod with lobster sauce. It was all very good and not over priced. I am glad this place was suggested to us!
Then it was time to get an after dinner drink.  We found this place called The Landing which the guy at the lunch stand suggested to us. It was really a fun lively crowd with a live entertainment singer.  I really want to come back here it was a lot of fun!

So the next day we grabbed breakfast at our hotel.  Which I have to mention was an awesome hotel!  We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Middletown which was a 5 min drive up the road from downtown Newport.  This was an excellent hotel!  Anyways we wanted to drive around and look at all the fancy mansions.  Since we were not really sure where we were going we just drove around looking at them as we passed by.  We stopped at a little parking area and saw other people looking out on the ocean.  It was really foggy and cloudy out but it made the ocean look eerie and cool. There was a huge rock we stood on to look out.









We then went back into town to walk around, got lunch at a pizza place called Via Via and then started on our way back home :(  I was so sad and really didn't want to go.  I also wish I got to take more pictures but I forgot my car phone charger and my DSLR camera was just too big to lug around everywhere...oh well..next time!

We had to stop and get gas before we got going and as we pulled up I noticed the signs lol.... 'Smootie' and Snakes and Chips' hahaha crazy...don't you think these would need to be approved by a few people? ha I guess not


Welp here I am sitting on my couch writing this blog on the 4th of July.  I feel kinda lame that I am not out partying or something but I guess it is what it is.  I did have to work tonight but got out early since it was so slow.  I am pretty sure all the fireworks have been cancelled because of the hurricane coming too so I guess I am not missing much.  


Because 'Merica!  Happy 4th Everyone! Stay safe and have fun




'Just Keep Swimming'

No comments:

Post a Comment