Tuesday, July 15, 2014

I was nominated for the Liebster Blog Award!

Oh my gosh!!! So I was just doing my daily read of the blogs I follow and noticed A Mermaid's Rambles blog about Liebster Blog Award.  As I am reading it I was like wow cool I wish I could do something like this...and as I scroll down she nominated me!!! I huge thank you to Vely! She is one of the first blogs I started reading on here.  Go check her out her blogs are amazing!

So since I was nominated I wanted to know a little more about this award.  In doing some research I found out that it was created for new bloggers typically those with less than 200 followers to spread the word of their new blog along and also to get to know a little bit more about the bloggers themselves! This is a pretty neat way of getting your blog noticed and recognized! I also found out the word Liebster has German origins and means dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant.

Rules:
1-If you are tagged/nominated, you have to post 11 facts about yourself.
2-Answer the 11 questions the tagger has given you and make 11 questsions for the people are are going to tag
3-Tag 5-11 more bloggers
4-Tell the people you tagged that you did (through comment, personal message, etc.)
5-No tagging back.

11 facts about myself:
1. - I am a Capricorn
2. - I was born 2 days before Christmas the 23rd
3. - My name was going to be Holly since I was going to be born so close to Christmas but my parents named me after a boat they saw on vacation in RI named 'Kelly'
4. - I love visiting new places
5. - Halloween is my absolutely favorite day of the year
6. - I am a certified shopaholic..haha...I have withdrawals, it makes me happy, I crave it..seriously :)
7. - I love full moons
8. - I dislike thunderstorms
9. - If I find a piece of clothing I really like I usually buy it in more than one color
10.- I had an extreme disaster with my hair about 2 years ago when I was platinum and I used a lightning spray to touch up my roots and then highlighted my hair a few days later.. a lot fell out and broke off from the over processing. (don't do it)  I have not used bleach since and have been trying to restore my hair.  I miss my blonde hair everyday and can not wait to be confident enough to get a least highlights again.  As of right now my hair is my natural color - a light brown, dirty blonde in the sun
11. - I think about getting more tattoos almost everyday.. There are so many I want!!

Here are my 11 answers to Vely:
1. What are the 2 words that you would use to best describe yourself? -  Emotional and Strange.  I am definitely my own person and I know that haha I am strange because I like my own things and don't care if anyone else does or not.  My sister says if I was an animal I would be a Unicorn :)  I am emotional because I get upset very easily.  I don't mean to, its just how I am. 
2. When and why did you started blogging? - Well I've always been into social media and followed others on blogs so I decided to start my own.  It also helps me release my thoughts somewhere.  I feel accomplished or a weight has been lifted after writing a blog post.
3. What's the meaning behind your blog title? - My favorite Movie is Labyrinth and it seems like my life is always a puzzle and turning corners so I thought Into the Labyrinth would be a perfect fit
4. Has your blogging experience turned out to be what you expected? - So far it is going okay, I am still new so I guess the followers take their time ;) psstt! Follow me!
5. What's your favorite post that you've written? - Probably Pups, Arcade games, Newport, RI, and Merica...  Because its the longest so far with the most pictures :)  I am still new here
6. What are the 2 things about yourself that you're most proud of? Wow...this one is a hard one... I guess I would say that I am proud that I have 2 jobs and not slumming through life.  It seems like everyday there are arrests made in my area of drugs and overdoses.  It sickens me that people just want to throw their lives away to that.  The other thing I am proud of is I am trying to be the best 'me' I can be.  Times do get tough and I am trying to stay strong and grow as a person.....if that makes any sense...  
7. What is the one thing that you like and dislike the most? The one thing that I like the most would have to be my family.. They are my everything...the one thing I dislike the most is sicknesses... Mostly referring to the Cancer my Dad is battling it is the worst thing in the whole world and I would do anything for it to go away..
8. What's one piece of advice that you'd like to share? Life advice, blogging advice.. anything! Stay true to yourself. 
9. What do you hope to achieve 5 years from now? Lets see. I will be 31...wow.. Well I hope by then I will be happily married, starting a family, be living in a nice home, and be working a job that I love...Perhaps in the makeup business?
10. What is your favorite quote? "Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered I have fought my way here"from The Labyrinth and "I swim for brighter days, despite the absence of sun" -Jacks Mannequin
11. Who are your top 2 blogging influencers?  I would have to say Mama Laughlin because she is absolutely hilarious, inspiring, a wonderful mom, and an awesome blogger!  The 2nd would be Kelly from Fatgirl-Gone fit She is ahhhhh-mazing!! and so inspiring. I started following her on instagram and can not believe her transformation. 

Here are the bloggers I nominate!
1. Ashleigh - This Life of Mine
2. Rebekah - Blue Giraffes and Concrete Jungles
3. Alyson - New England Living
4. Sarah -  Life Love and Dinner
5. Krisin - Crumbs and Curls
6. Kourtnee - Silver Linings
7. Briana - Sequin Gowns and Mermaid Crowns
(Since I am new to blogging I haven't read everyone's entire blog to see if they have been nominated before or not, so sorry if you already have been!)
 These are all fantastic blogs I think everyone should check out!

Here are my questions for the nominees to answer:
1- What kind of music do you listen to?  (name the top 3 songs on your ipod/iphone)
2- If you could have a free vacation anywhere, where would it be and who would you bring?
3- Who is your celebrity crush?
4- Have you ever seen the movie The Labyrinth?
5- What is your favorite TV series?
6- Where is your favorite place to visit?
7-What’s the most unusual thing you’ve eaten?
8-What is your favorite Movie?
9- Do you have a special talent or something unique about yourself?
10- How did you come up with your blog name?
11-What type of drink do you order at a bar?

This was fun and I hope you enjoyed reading it!! I look forward to reading the answers of the blogs I have nominated!

 
'Just Keep Swimming'

 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! This is super exciting- you are too sweet! and I tried to reply to your email but you came up as a no-reply blogger! There are a million and one tutorials out there on how to fix that, but the one I really like is http://www.venustrappedinmars.com/2013/06/google-ultimate-no-reply-blogger.html . Thanks again! - Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for nominating me!! Here are my responses! :) XO, Briana http://sequingownsandmermaidcrowns.blogspot.com/2014/07/liebster-award-pt-deux.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so welcome!!! :) :) I loved both responses! Whoever came up with this Liebster Award deserves some credit because it really does help spread the word and you get to know peoples blogs!!
    ~Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly! Congratulations on your nomination & thank you so much for nominating me! It’s so sweet of you! I apologize for my delayed response I’ve recently had some surgery & my parents just sold their house & we are moving. I actually did a Liebster post a few months back & it is here http://crumbsandcurls.blogspot.com/2013/08/liebster.html. Please know that I am so happy you nominated me! Thank you again, this really means a lot! Have a great day :)!

    xoxo,
    Kristin
    Crumbs & Curls

    ReplyDelete