Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Mini DIY beach findings project

Hey guys! So I just came up with a little DIY project and thought I would share with you!  So my boyfriend and I travel to the beach or ocean-type towns every once in awhile and I thought of this neat idea! 
 When we recently went to Newport, RI we found perfect beach smooth stones and I wanted to keep them so I thought of the idea to write on them where I found them and the year. (My mom did this with a few large rocks she has found at the beach)  I usually pick up little shells and rocks from the different beaches I go to for souvenirs but end up losing them or throwing them away.  So I thought this would be a cute idea to remember where and when I got them from. 
 Then I was thinking how could I make these look cute and have them all in one place?  We went to Michaels this past Sunday and I found this fish bowl from for $5.99 and the colored glass rocks for $6.99 a bag. 
 
I also bought these oil based sharpies to write on the rocks for $4.99 ea. 
 I picked up gold, silver and white.  They work great and write so effortlessly on the rocks.
 
 
I then remembered where I put my beach findings from our Bermuda trip back in 2012!
 
 
 
Shells and porous type things like coral is a little harder to write on...
 
( don't mind the rainy day, I was trying to find the best lighting for the picture)
 
I can't wait to travel to our next destination so I can add to my collection!
I hope you liked this idea! :)
 
 
'Just Keep Swimming'

No comments:

Post a Comment