Wednesday, July 23, 2014

When It Rains...It Pours...

Well I am really trying not to make this blog all gloom and doom but for Pete sakes my life is just a crumbled mess right now.....Lets back track to 2 weeks ago where I left off when my Dad was going to see the doctor about his AML coming back...The news he got...wasn't good..
The doctor said there was either another Chemo treatment he could try which doesn't have high success results..or being able to stay home and get transfusions when he needed and a weekly shot to keep the leukemia side effects under control...but this would only give him about 4 months to live...

This news was devastating...  I did not go with my parents to this meeting with the doctor because I knew I wouldn't be able to handle what they were going to say...  They left the office with the doctors telling him that he could decide what he wanted to do.My dad is a fighter and chose to try the chemo but it wouldn't be ready until the following week.

 That week was really tough for the first few days because we were all ready sad, lost, and not sure really what to do.  It helped that my Sister came home and my Aunt (Moms Sister) from Maryland came up to visit.  It was a nice distraction...

ON TOP of all this sadness...I find out that Wednesday that the company I work for is going to be closing its doors... AWESOME!  My Mom and Dad (when he wasn't sick) also work there too so this was another shock and hit to our family.  This is the source to the money my family makes and on top of all of our health insurance.  Thankfully they are not closing right away but will in a few months.   All I can think is, how can so many bad things be happening to us all at once?!  It is literally like we have a  dark cloud  above our heads.
 
Jumping forward to this week. My Dad was admitted to the hospital Monday to start his 6 day chemo regimen.  I am trying everything I can do stay calm and strong for him.  The chemo will make his white cells bottom out to 0 so during this time he will be immune to getting any type of infection again.  Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly.  The doctor is letting him go home again after the chemo is done if there are no complications.  Tuesday we heard that the first dose of chemo killed 50% of the white cell blasts.  Which this is really good news!  Lets just hope that the chemo keeps doing its job to get this AML in remission so he can go get the bone marrow transplant.  The bad part is he got sick last night and his tummy has been upset but this is a common side effect from the chemo.
 
I visit him as much as possible and have been leaving work early to be with him longer.  I guess I got to use up my vacation and sick days before I lose them...  A lot of the time he is just falling in and out of sleep because its hard for him to sleep at night.  While he is resting I usually doodle in my sketch book.  Yesterday I grabbed the silver and gold markers I used for my DIY project and doodled on the front...
It looks kinda neat in the sunlight because the markers are metallic.
  
 
  Anyways, there has to be a light at the end of the tunnel.  There HAS to be.
 Welp, that's all for now....I am sorry these are all unhappy posts but it is what it is and this is my life right now...
 
 
If anyone is willing and able to help our family it would be greatly appreciated...since we will be also losing our jobs soon the money part is going to be even tougher than ever..
 
'Just Keep Swimming'
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment